GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Recruits were shocked to learn Florida offensive coordinator Charlie Weis is leaving to be the head coach at Kansas. Here are some instant reactions:
• Florida offensive tackle commit D.J. Humphries (6-6/275, Charlotte, N.C./Mallard Creek): "I'm not leaving."
• Fullback/linebacker prospect Schyler Miles (6-2/215, Tampa, Fla./Berkeley Prep): "Wow that's shocking, he was just here at my house on Monday night. It doesn't really affect me at all."
Does Miles think the news could affect his teammate, top wide receiver target Nelson Agholor? "Yeah, I think it will have a big effect on Nelson; he liked Weis a lot."
• Florida wide receiver commit Latroy Pittman (6-1/195, Citra, Fla./North Marion): "What, are you kidding me? I don't know what to say; that's my OC. I will have to talk to my parents and talk to the coaching staff when I go on my official visit there tomorrow."
• Florida offensive tackle commit Jessamen Dunker (6-6/315, Boynton Bech, Fla./Boynton Beach HS): "I don't know what to say. I will say that I am not decommitting. I'm 100-percent committed. My only fear is now I will have to adjust and bond to new coaches."
• Florida tight end commit Colin Thompson (6-5/255, Warminster, Pa./Archbishop Wood) tweeted on Thursday night: "Sorry for not getting back to everyone tonight about Coach Weis leaving UF, I am happy for him and I wish him the best. Forever a Gator!!!"