When Auburn takes on SEC East opponent Georgia on Saturday afternoon, there will be plenty of top recruits either in attendance or watching on television. Auburn is trying to capitalize on its 9-1 record by bringing in several recruits, both for 2014 and 2015. Here’s a closer look at who will be paying close attention to this game.
1. WR Travis Rudolph (West Palm Beach, Fla./Cardinal Newman): The No. 61 prospect in the country will be taking an official visit to Auburn this weekend. Rudolph mentioned Auburn early in his recruitment, but he hasn’t said much about the Tigers until he announced he will be visiting there this weekend. Rudolph likes FSU and with losses starting to mount for other in-state programs Florida and Miami, Auburn is trying to get back in the picture for this talented wideout.
2. LB Rashaan Evans (Auburn, Ala./Auburn): Evans will be taking an unofficial visit. This shouldn’t come as a surprise considering he lives in Auburn and has visited the school on numerous occasions. This Under Armour All-American will be watching how Auburn’s defense stacks up against Georgia’s potent offense. An impressive showing by the Tigers could go a long way for this talented linebacker.
3. DB Stephen Roberts (Opelika, Ala./Opelika) — Alabama commit: The ESPN 300 defensive back has been committed to Alabama since April but will take an unofficial visit to Auburn this weekend. If Roberts somehow finds his way out of Alabama’s top-ranked class, Auburn is the likely choice.
4. DE Andrew Williams (McDonough, Ga./Eagles Landing): Auburn appeared to be the leader for Williams for some time. Clemson, however, has come on strong and now appears to have the advantage for the four-star defensive end. The 6-foot-4, 251-pound athlete will be on an unofficial visit this weekend, and Auburn would like to fight its way back in to contention.
5. OL Jordan Prestwood (Tampa, Fla./Arizona Western College): This former Notre Dame and Florida State transfer will take an official visit to Auburn. FSU is still in the picture.
6. DT Dalvon Stuckey (Defuniak Springs, Fla./Pearl River CC)— Miami commit: Like Prestwood, Stuckey is a former Florida State transfer. This Miami commit will take an official visit this weekend. Obviously the Canes are the team to beat, but the way Auburn has been playing this year, if Miami happens to fall apart the last few weeks of the season, Auburn could have a chance to land this talented defensive tackle.
7. RB Darrel Williams (Marrero, La./John Ehret): Williams has been committed to Arizona State since August. Auburn already has two running back commitments from Racean Thomas (Oxford, Ala./Oxford) and Kamryn Pettway (Prattville, Ala./Prattville), so Williams is not necessarily a top priority.
8. ATH Tez Parks (Hogansville, Ga./Callaway): This three-star uncommitted athlete also has offers from Georgia Tech, South Carolina, Tennessee and Troy. Parks can play multiple positions. Auburn likes his athleticism.
9. WR Charles Standberry (Montgomery, Ala./Carver) — Ole Miss commit: The Rebels lost a commit from Andy Bauer recently, and Auburn is hoping to sway another commit. The Alabama native will be at Auburn on an unofficial visit. The Tigers will need help at receiver, and Standberry certainly is a guy who could help fill a hole next year.
10. 2015 DT Trenton Thompson (Albany, Ga./Westover): Thompson, the No. 5-ranked player in the country for 2015, will be on an unofficial visit to Auburn. Georgia is the clear leader for Thompson at this point, and Florida is also in the running. But Auburn is hoping to make a strong impression. After all, there is a lot of time left in his recruitment.