Our weekly look at LSU's top performers this season up to this point:
1. DE Sam Montgomery: Still leads the Tigers with 6.5 tackles for loss and has two sacks. He's been better against better opponents, and with LSU heading into a grueling stretch, one might expect him to pick up his game.
2. DT Anthony Johnson: The most active Tiger defensive lineman, he has 19 tackles, 1.5 sacks and 5.5 tackles for loss while routinely forcing the line to collapse.
3. FS Eric Reid: With 26 tackles, an interception and three passes broken up, he remains a steady defensive leader.
4. LB Kevin Minter: LSU's leading tackler (34) anchors the second level of defense.
5. WR-PR Odell Beckham, Jr.: Became the first Tiger to record a 100-yard receiving day this season against Towson and added a 30-yard punt return to build confidence heading into the meat of the schedule.
6. CB Tharold Simon: He generally is avoided by opponents, but has still been in an two turnovers (an interception and a fumble recovery) and has 17 tackles. He'll be challenged more by SEC passers.
7. P Brad Wing: Booming punts at a 45.6-yard average and nine of his 20 punts have pinned opponents inside their 20. On a team built around defense, the field position change he gives is vital.
8. RB Michael Ford: Sort of a flavor of the week pick, Ford was the leading rusher among running backs against Towson and has 224 rushing yards on the season. As the main speed back in the LSU stable, Ford is the most likely back to consistently contribute because he has the most unique attribute in what's otherwise a stable of power runners.
9. DE Barkevious Mingo: Got his first sack against Towson and looks fast after an ankle injury that dogged him early in the season. He leads the Tigers with seven quarterback hurries.
10. DE Lavar Edwards: He's been starting ahead of Mingo and has been incredibly productive with five tackles for loss, 2.5 sacks (tops among linemen) and an interception.