BATON ROUGE, La. -- Our weekly look at LSU's 10 best performers of the season up to this point:
1. LB Kevin Minter: He's one good game from a triple-digit tackle season. Not only does he have a team-high 90 tackles, he gets tackles for loss (a team-high 11.5), and sacks (3) and has an interception and forced fumble.
2. DE Sam Montgomery: Montgomery got a sack at a big moment against Mississippi State and leads his team with six. He is right behind Minter in tackles for loss (11).
3. S Eric Reid: A punishing tackler, Reid's closing speed is a big part of the Tigers' athletic identity on defense. He's third on the team with 66 tackles and has two interceptions.
4. QB Zach Mettenberger: He's thrown for 571 of his 1,990 passing yards in the last two games and he's done it without turning the ball over once. The junior seems to have come into his own.
5. LT Josh Dworaczyk: The turnaround in the play of LSU's offensive line traces back to Dworaczyk's return to the lineup from injury at mid-season. In the four games since his return, the Tigers are averaging 25.3 points a game against four ranked opponents.
6. RB Jeremy Hill: He had his streak of three straight 100-yard rushing games snapped by Mississippi State, but he remains the Tigers' leading rusher (477 yards on 92 carries).
7. DE Barkevious Mingo: The other half of LSU's dynamic defensive end tandem picked up his fourth sack agianst MSU and leads the team with 10 quarterback hurries.
8. WR Jarvis Landry: After a nine-catch, 107-yard, one-touchdown game against MSU, Landry took the team lead in receptions (40) and touchdowns (3).
9. DT Bennie Logan: The Tigers are a difficult thing to run against and Logan is a force in the middle of the line.
10. P Brad Wing: Wing's averaging 44.4 yards per punt. His 50-yard punt into the wind that died at the MSU 3 on Saturday was classic.