Every Thursday, SoonerNation releases the Sooner Intel, a sneak peek inside Oklahoma Sooners football recruiting with news and notes on the latest happenings around the program. Talk about it on our forum. A few things discussed in this week's update:
• OU is hosting recruits that have visited the Sooners many times, and some that have never seen the campus.
• A 2013 running back is "definitely interested" in Oklahoma.
• OU just offered a four-star DT. Are the Sooners a factor?
• A Florida State commitment still plans to visit OU.
• A look at linebackers coach Tim Kish's philosophy on recruiting.
Read the Sooner Intel after the jump.
Manning reflects on first OU experience
There is no question this is a big recruiting weekend for OU with Kansas State coming to town. For some prospects, it will be their first taste of the campus.
That is not the case for ESPN 150 defensive tackle Justin Manning (Dallas/Kimball). It won’t be his second or third visit to OU but he might be more familiar with the campus than any other class of 2013 recruit.