Just like commitments as of late, the ever-evolving world of recruiting changes almost every hour. The second one school seems like it has a player locked up, he’s off to another college and it’s back to the drawing board.
With that said, Ohio State might have room for five more in the class of 2013. It’s not an exact science, but the Buckeyes aren’t backing off names at all.
1. Tommy Sanders: Sanders coveted an offer from the Buckeyes and received one. He took an official visit to South Carolina over the weekend. By mid-term signing day -- Wednesday -- the junior college standout linebacker will most likely be in the Ohio State class because he’s an instant fill at the strongside linebacking position with maturity and experience already intact.
2. Mike Mitchell: His father -- a former NFL player -- said Mitchell will likely choose between Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas A&M and Ohio State and announce on Jan. 5. He was ecstatic about his Ohio State official visit. He’s a Buckeye.
3. Trey Johnson: Like Mitchell, he’s announcing at an all-star game, this one during the Under Armour contest on Jan. 4. His list of schools is Auburn, Florida, Ohio State, Penn State and Tennessee. Read between the lines and there’s a strong shot he’s coming to Columbus.
4. Christopher Worley: He’s likely holding out for the Buckeyes and could be a late addition to the class, but the Glenville senior is still very high on Ohio State. This one might drag out, but he could be in the fold if the numbers work out.
5. Shelton Gibson: He badly wants to be a Buckeye. He’s gone on other official visits, but Ohio State stays out in front. If the academic portion adds up, Gibson should join the team as well.