Each day for the next week NittanyNation will take a look at a different position and break it down. Today it's running backs.
Tailback is now a wildcard for Penn State, but sophomore Bill Belton already has coaches and teammates raving. He's no Redd, but he's a welcome addition with a lot of upside.
Even though it's grown a little weaker, this group still has a lot of strengths.
• Belton played at wideout last season, and his hands out of the backfield should be second to none.
• Depth here should keep the tailbacks fresh throughout the season.
• Great 1-2 punch of speed (Lynch, Belton) and power (Dukes, Zordich).
• New offensive line might take a few weeks to gel.
• Redd transferred.
• Can Belton's body handle 20-25 carries a game?