There are seven weeks down, and for many of you, only six or seven more until the fantasy football playoffs. So each week matters just a little more, which is why the flex rankings are posted every Thursday, combining running backs and wide receivers to make one giant top 100. As has been the case the past few weeks, and is even more so this week with six NFL teams on bye, the wide receivers seem a bit more plentiful.
As always, use these rankings as merely a guide and manage your fantasy teams the way you want to. Also, please keep up with the news, as it's not only quarterbacks such as Brett Favre whose status could go down to the wire Sunday.
Enjoy, and best of luck with your teams.
3. Steven Jackson, RB, Rams: Yes, he had finger surgery Monday, but it appears he'll be ready to play Sunday. Plus, he has nine other fingers.
5. Chris Johnson, RB, Titans: Probably the lowest I've had him on this list for a calendar year, but that hardly means he's bad.
6. Jamaal Charles, RB, Chiefs
7. Reggie Wayne, WR, Colts
8. Maurice Jones-Drew, RB, Jaguars: Not doing as poorly as you might think. Touchdowns can still come.
10. Andre Johnson, WR, Texans
11. LaDainian Tomlinson, RB, Jets: One would think the bye week certainly doesn't hurt him.
12. Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Steelers
13. Darren McFadden, RB, Raiders: Certainly looking like a top-10 running back these days.
14. Thomas Jones, RB, Chiefs: Yes, that's correct, two Chiefs running backs in the top 14. The opposing Bills are not very good, and the Chiefs can and will run.
16. Brandon Marshall, WR, Dolphins: It's about time for him to earn this optimistic weekly rank.
17. Cedric Benson, RB, Bengals
18. Hines Ward, WR, Steelers
19. Knowshon Moreno, RB, Broncos: Bright spot in the blowout loss to the Raiders, and he did it catching the ball.
20. Brandon Lloyd, WR, Broncos: Should bounce back with a nice game in London.
21. Terrell Owens, WR, Bengals: Time to start considering him the team's top wide receiver option, which clearly I have.
22. DeAngelo Williams, RB, Panthers: Keep a close eye on him because he should do well if he plays, though his backup has the most to gain.
23. Santana Moss, WR, Redskins
24. Randy Moss, WR, Vikings: Yes, even if it's Tarvaris Jackson starting at quarterback, which I doubt happens.
25. Jahvid Best, RB, Lions: Man, it's been a while since he scored a touchdown, huh?
27. Felix Jones, RB, Cowboys: Look, maybe the Cowboys never give him a ton of carries, but I don't have to understand it to still rank him here.
28. Greg Jennings, WR, Packers
29. Mike Wallace, WR, Steelers
30. Pierre Garcon, WR, Colts: Looking like a legit top-20 wide receiver the rest of the way.
31. Marshawn Lynch, RB, Seahawks: Looking like a legit top-20 running back the rest of the way.
32. Chad Ochocinco, WR, Bengals
33. Marques Colston, WR, Saints: Nice Week 7 performance gives us all hope.
34. Ryan Mathews, RB, Chargers: Even when I kind of give up on him as a big-time fantasy helper, he gets a decent rank because of the situation and the lack of overall running back depth this week.
35. Beanie Wells, RB, Cardinals
36. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Cardinals: I didn't rank a Cardinals quarterback this week. We rank 25, and there are 26 starters. Yes, Fitzgerald has obviously been hurt by the incompetence of others.
37. Dwayne Bowe, WR, Chiefs: Touchdown machine lately.
38. Percy Harvin, WR, Vikings
39. Ronnie Brown, RB, Dolphins: Soooo tiiiired, tired of waiting, tired of waiting for you ...
40. Kenny Britt, WR, Titans: Let's see him try to match that Week 7 performance!
41. Wes Welker, WR, Patriots
42. Brandon Jackson, RB, Packers
43. Steve Smith, WR, Panthers
44. Mike Williams, WR, Seahawks: Amazing what a guy can do with a lot of targets.
45. Fred Jackson, RB, Bills
46. Braylon Edwards, WR, Jets
47. Roy E. Williams, WR, Cowboys: Shouldn't be hurt by his starting quarterback getting hurt.
48. Dez Bryant, WR, Cowboys: Same with him.
49. Mike Williams, WR, Buccaneers
50. BenJarvus Green-Ellis, RB, Patriots: Gets his touchdowns, but 44 rushing yards combined in two weeks isn't exactly awesome.
51. LeGarrette Blount, RB, Buccaneers: People are getting really excited about him, but the, um, starter in Tampa Bay isn't out of the picture.
52. Santonio Holmes, WR, Jets
53. Shonn Greene, RB, Jets
54. Donald Driver, WR, Packers: At some point he might need to miss a game or two with injury. He just doesn't look right.
55. Jonathan Stewart, RB, Panthers: Move him up basically to where DeAngelo Williams is, if Williams sits.
56. Deion Branch, WR, Patriots
57. Steve Johnson, WR, Bills: One of the more underrated fantasy options at his position.
59. Michael Crabtree, WR, 49ers: Would've ranked better if not for the quarterback change.
60. Chris Ivory, RB, Saints: Showed last week that it's not always going to be fun using him.
61. Mike Sims-Walker, WR, Jaguars
62. Michael Bush, RB, Raiders: Time to give up on this guy, considering he won't be meaningful unless McFadden gets hurt again.
63. Lee Evans, WR, Bills: Hey, there was a Lee Evans sighting last week!
64. Patrick Crayton, WR, Chargers
65. Reggie Bush, RB, Saints: He's baaaaack. Well, probably.
66. Lance Moore, WR, Saints
67. Cadillac Williams, RB, Buccaneers
68. Jabar Gaffney, WR, Broncos
69. Robert Meachem, WR, Saints
70. Davone Bess, WR, Dolphins: Playing better than Brandon Marshall recently.
71. Ricky Williams, RB, Dolphins: His 2009 campaign seems like many years ago.
72. Marion Barber, RB, Cowboys: You'd think he'd find time to score once in a while, but nooooooooo.
73. Kevin Walter, WR, Texans
74. Mike Hart, RB, Colts: I like him more than Donald Brown, but the Colts probably don't agree.
75. Eddie Royal, WR, Broncos
76. Danny Woodhead, RB/WR, Patriots: The Law Firm is the one getting the touchdowns.
77. Steve Breaston, WR, Cardinals
78. Nate Washington, WR, Titans
79. Derrick Ward, RB, Texans: This touchdown machine is becoming viable, and this is an attractive matchup against the Colts.
80. Jacoby Jones, WR, Texans
81. Devery Henderson, WR, Saints
82. Danny Amendola, WR, Rams: Still the team's top receiving threat.
83. Justin Forsett, RB, Seahawks
84. Mike Thomas, WR, Jaguars
85. Buster Davis, WR, Chargers
86. C.J. Spiller, RB, Bills
87. Tim Hightower, RB, Cardinals: Fumbling away his opportunities.
88. Blair White, WR, Colts: Darkhorse for receptions this week in what should be a high-scoring game.
89. Mike Tolbert, RB, Chargers
90. Nate Burleson, WR, Lions
91. James Jones, WR, Packers
92. Darren Sproles, RB, Chargers
93. Kenneth Darby, RB, Rams: I think Steven Jackson will play, but if he doesn't, Darby moves up to about the 45-50 area.
94. David Gettis, WR, Panthers: Productive in Week 7 and it could certainly continue.
95. Ladell Betts, RB, Saints: Caught the ball last week but didn't get the chance to run it.
96. Javon Ringer, RB, Titans
97. Jordan Shipley, WR, Bengals
98. Kevin Smith, RB, Lions
99. Mewelde Moore, RB, Steelers
100. Demaryius Thomas, WR, Broncos