I've laid out my top 100 prospects, with profiles, heading into the 2017 season, plus a "just missed" list. I've also ranked every farm system and the top 10 prospects (or more) for all 30 clubs.
Now it's time to rank those prospects by position, adding players to fill out a position when it's warranted and offering a few sentences on the status/depth of each position right now. If a prospect is in the Top 100, his ranking is in parentheses, and clicking on his rank will take you to the page where his 2017 scouting profile resides.
1. Francisco Mejia, Cleveland (ranked No. 18)
2. Jorge Alfaro, Philadelphia (ranked No. 45)
3. Carson Kelly, St. Louis (ranked No. 51)
4. Chance Sisco, Baltimore (ranked No. 69)
5. Zack Collins, Chicago White Sox (ranked No. 95)
6. Elias Diaz, Pittsburgh
7. Austin Barnes, L.A. Dodgers
8. Tomas Nido, N.Y. Mets
9. Tom Murphy, Colorado
10. Tyler Stephenson
Catching is down in the minors right now, with only a couple guys I might project as stars playing anywhere in full-season ball last year. That's probably the top three here, and that’s it, with Kelly getting that designation only because I believe he has an offensive surge ahead of him.