All four of the quarterbacks on the Denver Broncos roster have been ruled ineligible for Sunday's matchup with the New Orleans Saints. Because of that, the team is expected to activate Kendall Hinton from the practice squad to play quarterback in Week 12. Below, you will find answers to questions you might have with regard to how this impacts your ESPN fantasy football team and/or league.
1. How is ESPN handling Kendall Hinton's eligibility?
Hinton is eligible at QB only. He was added to the game on Saturday night (ET) and is subject to waivers. This is consistent with any time a player is activated to the ESPN Fantasy player database, which generally occurs when a player is added to an NFL team's active roster.
• For leagues that use traditional waivers, the waiver process won't take place until after Week 12 is complete.
• For leagues that use daily continuous waivers, the waiver process will take place at the scheduled time on Sunday and Hinton can be claimed in time for Sunday's game.
• For free-agency-only leagues, he is available to pick up immediately.
2. My league uses traditional waivers. Is there a way my league can make him active for Sunday's game against the Saints?
If you are in a private league, and would like Hinton to bypass waivers, the league manager (LM) can go to his/her league on the ESPN Fantasy website, go to LM Tools, then select "Roster Moves" from the "Roster Tools" section and add Hinton to the team of his/her choice. At that point, the team that rosters Hinton can insert him into its starting lineup at QB. Another option the league manager has, is the ability to adjust the score of any matchup at his/her discretion.
3. What if my league uses Team QBs?
Broncos Team QB will include stats of any player whose primary position is QB, including Hinton, in Week 12.