Weighing Production versus Potential
In order to maintain a top draft pick at this point in the season, production must match the potential. Mel Kiper explains the challenge when evaluating talents early on in the season and stands up for his current ranks released earlier this week. Kiper and ESPN Insider's Chris Sprow also preview Week 5's biggest matchups and why Kiper and other scouts will have their eyes on certain games over others.Other topics include:
• Kiper offers his perspective on the toughest part of the evaluation process.
• Does Kiper have concerns about Barkevious Mingo?
• Why mixed opinions remain on Purdue's Kawann Short and many other seniors.
• What Junior pass rushers have the ability to be elite?
• What scares Kiper about this draft class?
• Kiper highlights some new names in the top 25 and how they've impressed him this season.
• The game of the weekend from a scouting standpoint: Tennessee versus Georgia.
• Who has a better secondary, Georgia or Texas?
• Colin Klein's hopes for the Heisman relies on one game in October.
• Why Michigan's Devin Gardner is a major wildcard for the Wolverines and how it may help his draft possibilities.
• Is LSU still the second-best team in the SEC?
• Who from the ACC has a schedule favorable enough that if they win out, could result in their participation in the National Championship game?