The regular season for the Korea Baseball Organization, the highest level of baseball in South Korea, is in full swing, making the KBO one of the first major professional sports leagues to return to action during the coronavirus pandemic.
For those just getting familiar with the Korean baseball league, it's action-packed baseball filled with home runs, bat flips (lots and lots of bat flips), former MLB players and Korean-born stars who could follow the path of Hyun-Jin Ryu and Ji-Man Choi from the KBO to major league stardom.
You can watch the action with English-language broadcasts airing on ESPN or ESPN2, or streaming on ESPN3.
KBO on ESPN broadcast schedule
Tuesday, Oct. 20
LG Twins vs. KT Wiz, 5:30 a.m. (ESPN2)
Wednesday, Oct. 21
Samsung Lions vs. KT Wiz, 5:30 a.m. (ESPN2)
Thursday, Oct. 22
Kia Tigers vs. Hanwha Eagles, 5:30 a.m. (ESPN2)
Friday, Oct. 23
Kiwoom Heroes vs. Doosan Bears, 5:30 a.m. (ESPN3)
Saturday, Oct. 24
LG Twins vs. NC Dinos, 4 a.m. (ESPN2)
Sunday, Oct. 25
Lotte Giants vs. KT Wiz, 1 a.m. (ESPN3)
ESPN's KBO Power Rankings
(updated Oct. 18)
1. NC Dinos: 80-52-4 (Last week: 1) -- Entering the week, the Dinos are a virtual lock to wrap up the regular-season title. NC has a five-game lead and eight games to play (two each against Kia, Lotte and Samsung, single games against LG and Hanwha).
2. LG Twins: 77-59-3 (3) -- The rest of the playoff seeds are very much in play. LG is a half-game ahead of KT and Kiwoom, with five games to play (vs. KT, Kia, NC, Hanwha and SK).
3. Kiwoom Heroes: 79-62-1 (4) -- The Heroes begin the week tied with the Wiz, a half-game behind the Twins and a game ahead of the Bears. Kiwoom has just a pair of games left, both against Doosan.
4. KT Wiz: 76-59-1 (2) -- The Wiz begin the week tied with Kiwoom, a half-game behind the Twins and a game ahead of the Bears. KT has eight games to play (singles games vs. LG, Samsung, Doosan and Lotte; two each against Kia and Hanwha).
5. Doosan Bears: 74-59-4 (5) -- Doosan has a solid hold on a playoff spot (5 ½ games ahead of Kia for the final berth) and is only 1 ½ games out of second place. The Bears have seven games to play (two each against Lotte and Kiwoom, one against KT, Hanwha and Kia).
6. Kia Tigers: 69-65 (6) -- The Tigers are a half-game ahead of Lotte for sixth place. Because of postponements, Kia still has 10 games to play (two each against NC, Samsung and KT; single games vs. Hanwha, LG, Doosan and Lotte).
7. Lotte Giants: 68-65-1 (7) -- The Giants are a half-game out of sixth place. Lotte has 10 games to play (four against SK, two against Doosan and NC, and one each against KT and Kia).
8. Samsung Lions: 61-73-4 (8) -- Samsung is locked into eighth place. The Lions have single games against SK and KT, plus two each against Kia and NC.
9. SK Wyverns: 48-89-1 (9) -- The Wyverns hold a four-game lead over the Eagles as they try to stay out of the KBO cellar. SK has a single game against Samsung, four against Lotte and one against LG.
10. Hanwha Eagles: 43-92-3 (10) -- After an 0-6-1 week, Hanwha needs to make up four games in the standings to avoid finishing in last place. The Eagles have six games to play (Kia, NC, Doosan, LG, two vs. KT).
(Selected by Joon Lee, Alden Gonzalez and Dan Mullen)
KBO highlights -- get ready for some bat flips!
KBO baseball fans celebrate first home run
For the first time, fans were able to see a home run in person as Joo-hwan Choi clears right field for Doosan.
Dramatic comeback win sealed by walk-off homer in the KBO
Mel Rojas Jr. hits his second home run of the game to complete a remarkable comeback for KT Wiz vs. LG Twins.
KBO home run leader adds his 23rd of the season
KT Wiz's Mel Rojas Jr. ties the game with his home run against the LG Twins in the KBO.
Ramos destroys his 17th homer of the KBO season
LG Twins' Roberto Ramos extends his teams lead with a two-run home run against KT Wiz.
'He pummelled that!' Massive KBO homer
Kiwoom Heroes' Park Byung-ho hits a big home run against the SK Wyverns in the KBO.