With the unique 2020 MLB season behind us, the hot stove season is underway. There is a lot of uncertainty surrounding this offseason, with the reduced revenues and looming labor issues making it unclear how willing teams will be to spend on acquiring players.
We have information about how the offseason will work, as well as key dates and a look at the key issues teams will need to address.
Analysis of biggest moves
• We're still the champs: Los Angeles Dodgers add Trevor Bauer, send message to MLB
• Cardinals pull off Arenado blockbuster: What can they expect from their new star?
• Springer gets paid by Blue Jays, but will it pay off for Toronto?
• What can Yankees expect from Kluber? | LeMahieu thoughts
• Lindor trade starts a new era for Mets -- but there's still room for one more big move
• Lindor Mets -- Grading the trade, what's next for both teams and more
• First Snell, now Darvish: Padres go all-in, Cubs start rebuild
• Why Blake Snell trade could be a win-win for Padres and Rays -- or a huge loss for one side
• What to make of Pirates trading former All-Star Josh Bell to Nationals
• What getting McCann means for Mets -- and free-agent market
• White Sox off to good start this offseason, but can't stop now
• Trade grades: How well did White Sox, Rangers do in Lynn deal?
• Schoenfield: Adding Morton sets Braves up for run at Dodgers
Offseason to-do lists
• Stock watch: How all 30 teams stack up as hot stove starts to simmer
• McDaniel: What every AL team needs to get done
• McDaniel: What every NL team needs to get done
• Schoenfield: Predicting offseason moves for all 30 MLB teams
• Passan: 20 questions entering a unique hot stove season
Other offseason news and views
• Winter meetings wrap: Dombrowski to Philly, Rangers' direction and more
• Olney: How this offseason plays to Braves' advantage
• What's next for the Cubs after Theo Epstein's departure
• What you need to know about Robinson Cano's PED suspension
• Spain: Hired by Marlins, Kim Ng lands long-overdue GM job
• Alex Cora is back with Red Sox: Why it will (or won't) work
NL playoff teams
• Three questions facing Braves
• Where Cubs go next
• Reds face big questions
• How can Dodgers stay on top?
• Building on Marlins' surprise
• Can Brewers keep contending?
• What's next for the Cardinals
• Padres' to-do list as contenders
AL playoff teams
• White Sox winter agenda
• Cleveland's priorities
• How many Astros All-Stars could leave?
• Twins look to upgrade a contender
• Yankees can't let it ride
• A's face high turnover
• How Rays can come back stronger
• How Blue Jays build from this
Teams that didn't make the postseason