2020 ScheduleAll times ET

2020 Schedule
4th in Atlantic
Reid B. Kelley/NBAE/Getty Images
1d

NBA approves sale of Nets, Barclays to Tsai

Alibaba co-founder Joe Tsai completed his purchase of the Brooklyn Nets and Barclays Center, then announced he had hired former Turner Sports president David Levy to oversee both.

This Just In  

The sale of the Brooklyn Nets to Joseph Tsai has been approved unanimously by the NBA's board of governors the league announced. Tsai, who paid $1 billion for a 49% share of the Nets in 2018, is paying an additional $1.35 billion for the remaining 51% share, sources confirmed to ESPN in August.

Steph has no hard feelings about KD leaving (0:53)
Andrew D. Bernstein/NBAE via Getty Images
6d

3-time NBA champion Livingston retires at 34

Veteran NBA guard Shaun Livingston, who came back from a devastating knee injury early in his career to become one of the league's savviest players, has retired at age 34.

Kobe's injury advice for KD: Rehab is boring, so set minor goals (0:39)
Stephen A.: KD won't preoccupy himself in G.O.A.T. debates (1:18)
Lachlan Cunningham/Getty Images
9d

Durant: 'Some days I hate the circus of the NBA'

"The circus of the NBA" is one thing Kevin Durant could do without, as he sees it as one of the reasons for his messy breakups with Oklahoma City and Golden State.

Smart's block leads to a Harris layup (0:20)
The NBA's new 'Big 2' era (1:56)
Black-ish star wants to see Melo on the Nets (1:43)
Kellerman wouldn't build a franchise around KD or Lebron (1:21)
Lachlan Cunningham/Getty Images
21d

Nets' Chandler gets 25-game PED suspension

The Nets' Wilson Chandler, who averaged 6.0 points and 4.2 rebounds for the 76ers and Clippers last season, has been suspended 25 games for violating the terms of the NBA/NBPA Anti-Drug Program.

Bobby Marks ESPN 

The 25-game suspension will cost Wilson Chandler $23,316 per game and a total of $582,898. The Brooklyn forward will start the regular season on the active list and moved to the suspension list after the 5th game (Nov. 1 vs. Houston) of the regular season. The Nets with 15 guaranteed contracts can add a 16th player after the game against the Rockets. Brooklyn plays the following night (Nov. 2) at Detroit. Chandler will be removed off the suspension list for the Dec. 15 game vs. Philadelphia. Chandler can participate during training camp and play in the Nets pre-season games.

Where should Kyrie go in an NBA re-draft? (0:46)

Bobby Marks ESPN 

The three-year cap hit on the $52.5M Caris LeVert extension is $16.2M, $17.5M and $18.8M. The first-year salary in 2020-21 will rank no. 15 among all shooting guards. The $17.5M per year average ranks only behind Rudy Gobert ($22.5M) for a player who was selected in the 20's of the NBA Draft and signed a rookie extension. LeVert will become an unrestricted FA in 2023 when he is still in the prime of his career at 28-years old.

Adrian Wojnarowski NBA 

Brooklyn Nets guard Caris LeVert has agreed to a three-year, $52.5 million contract extension, league sources tell ESPN.

Adrian Wojnarowski NBA 

Former Turner Sports executive David Levy has emerged as a serious candidate to replace Brett Yormark as CEO of the Brooklyn Nets, league sources tell ESPN.

Jesse D. Garrabrant/NBAE/Getty Images
35d

Prokhorov agrees to sell Nets, Barclays to Tsai

Joe Tsai, the co-founder of e-commerce giant Alibaba, has officially agreed to purchase full interest of the Nets and Barclays Center from Mikhail Prokhorov.

Foxworth: Carmelo and Nets don't match up (0:39)

Team Stats

Points Per Game112.215th
Rebounds Per Game46.67th
Assists Per Game23.821st
Points Allowed112.313th

Find Tickets

Team History

YEARWLPCT
2018-194240.512
2017-182854.341
2016-172062.244
2015-162161.256