Editor's note: ESPN.com's Mel Kiper Jr. continues his look at key players on Division I-A teams with his lists of the five most important players for each team in East Division of the Mid-American Conference. (Schools listed in alphabetical order).
height="50" align="right" border="0">
1. Luke Getsy, QB, jr. Sat out last season after transferring from Pittsburgh and is now asked to replace NFL draft pick Charlie Frye. Getsy has a decent arm and made some progress during spring practice.
2. Domenick Hixon, WR, sr. Great speed and leaping ability and also a very good kick returner.
3. Brett Biggs, RB, sr. A shifty runner with a low center of gravity (5-foot-9, 190 pounds), Biggs also has good hands out of the backfield.
4. Kiki Gonzalez, DT, sr. A 6-1, 300-pounder who is the only Akron lineman who does not qualify as undersized. He can occupy blockers and free up linebacker to run to the ball.
5. Jabari Arthur, WR, so. Was a backup quarterback last year and lost out on the starting QB job during the spring, but he knows the offense and should be able to get open and contribute.