Editor's note: ESPN.com's Mel Kiper Jr. continues his look at the most important players on each Division I-A team with his lists of the five most important players on each team in the Mountain West Conference (schools listed in alphabetical order).
Air Force Falcons
height="50" align="right" border="0">
1. Shaun Carney, QB, so. Could be one of the best quarterbacks in Air Force history. A much better passer than we're used to seeing for the Falcons.
2. Jon Wilson, C, sr. A strong 6-3, 330-pounder with the quickness to play at the next level.
3. Jason Brown, WR, sr. Goes 6-5, 220, and will be a key if Air Force is going to take advantage of Carney's passing skills.
4. Denny Poland, S, sr. A solid player and good tackler who is the best defensive player on the team.
5. Russ Mitscherling, DT, sr. A three-year starter who is strong as a bull and occupies multiple linemen up front.