NRL confirms return to club home venues for Round 8

All NRL clubs that were due to host Round 8 games will stage those matches at their home grounds this weekend, except for the Melbourne Storm and the Warriors who remain at the mercy of COVID-19 restrictions.

The NRL on Monday confirmed the venues for Round 8 with the Storm to host the Roosters at Suncorp Stadium, a situation they may need to get used to given the current spike in coronavirus cases in Melbourne.

The league has also approved Bankwest Stadium for continued use despite Roosters players Victor Radley and Sam Verrells both suffering ACL injuries at the ground on Friday night. The Eels, Tigers and Bulldogs will host Round 8 matches at Bankwest on Friday, Saturday and Sunday respectively.

"We had two really unfortunate season-ending injuries there and no one ever wants to see that," NRL head of football Graham Annesley said Monday.

"The fact they happened so close together did raise questions and the NRL acted quickly. By close of business that night we had organised an independent inspection of the field the next morning.

"That took place and the detailed report we received was an assessment across the field in many different points.

"They took readings for traction, firmness and any other gauge to determine the quality of a professional sporting field.

"All of those readings came back to an acceptable range. The RLPA were in attendance for that and they were satisfied."

Elsewhere in Round 8, the Raiders will return to GIO Stadium in Canberra for their clash with the Dragons, the Titans host the Sharks at Cbus Super Stadium and Manly will have the chance to respond to Sunday's flogging by Cronulla when they head home to Lottoland to face the Knights.

The Warriors will continue to play out of Gosford Stadium where they face fellow strugglers the Broncos in Round 8.

While it was deemed fit for play following the Roosters injuries, the Bankwest Stadium playing surface will be replaced ahead of Round 8 a week earlier than originally planned.

"They have decided, not for safety reasons, but because they can, they've decided to bring that forward a week," Annesley said.

"They started that process late last night. By the time we get to round eight this week it will effectively be a brand new surface.

"It's not because of any safety concerns, it's because they had a program in place and it was just as easy for them to bring it forward a week than it was to wait."