Mario Balotelli has returned to the Premier League, joining Liverpool for 16 million pounds. The mercurial striker, who previously played for Inter MiIan, Manchester City and AC Milan, offers Brendan Rodgers' side a new option up front following the departure of Luis Suarez to Barcelona.
But will the 24-year-old prosper at his new club? On the one hand, Balotelli brings goals -- 88 in 220 club games -- and creativity to his new team. On the other, though, his is a career which has featured 64 yellow and six red cards among a string of controversies on and off the field.
What do you think about Balotelli's move to Anfield? Will it be a positive or negative move for Liverpool? Listen to what Craig and Ale have to say, then vote. Plus, let us know what you think by commenting below or on Twitter, using the hashtag #FCdebate.
* Update -- Voting has closed and, as you can see, the majority think that Balotelli is a good signing for Liverpool.
Look out for another #FCdebate next Friday. In the meantime, thanks for your votes and comments!
- Carl Anthony (@carlanthonysa) August 29, 2014
- Nickolas Faul (@faulne) August 29, 2014
@ESPNFC What's the odds on who is suspended more games. Balotelli or Suarez. Of course Suarez has the lead now.
- Ahmet Ayvaz (@mtayvaz) August 29, 2014
- Patrick Hall (@P_Hall13) August 29, 2014
- Steve Hassey (@Rubyjosh) August 29, 2014
@ESPNFC Great move for the price, but Brendan Rodgers will mismanage him before long.
- \o/ Angles (@Angles305) August 29, 2014