The Premier League transfer window has closed, but the rest of Europe remains open for business. Plus, it's never too late to look forward to January! Click here to view the latest transfers and keep up to date with the latest gossip below.
TOP STORY: Premier League chase is on for Rennes wonderkid
Manchester City, Arsenal and Spurs are in the hunt for Rennes' 16-year-old wonderkid Eduardo Camavinga, after his virtuoso performance against Paris Saint-Germain in Ligue 1 on Sunday evening, according to the Daily Mail.
Rennes beat PSG 2-1, thanks in no small part to the performance of Camavinga -- who was playing in front of scouts from a bevy of Premier League sides in attendance at Roazhon Park.
Spurs had lined up a bid for him last season when the teenage midfielder made his debut for Les Rennais. He made seven appearances for the French club last season and has already played three times during the current Ligue 1 campaign.
How long he ends up staying there remains to be seen. Particularly if he keeps playing like he did at the weekend.
22.42 BST: We'll close Tuesday's live edition of Transfer Talk with an update on Davide Zappacosta's proposed move from Chelsea to Roma. Gianluca Di Marzio reports that the two clubs have an agreement for a loan with no option to buy, and the 27-year-old will undergo a medical on Wednesday.
21.25 BST: Here's Hirving "Chucky" Lozano being greeted by Napoli fans at the Rome airport as he makes his way to the San Paolo to sign for the Partenopei.
20.08 BST: Calciomercato writes that Napoli striker Arkadiusz Milik trained alone ahead of the Partenopei's match against Fiorentina, amid reports that the 25-year-old Poland international could be heading to Inter Milan, with Mauro Icardi moving in the opposite direction.
18.51 BST: Marseille are closing in on a deal for Barcelona left-back Juan Miranda, according to Mundo Deportivo, with the Catalan club expected to insert a buyback clause for the highly touted 19-year-old. That news is sure to frustrate Juventus, who reportedly were keen to bring the Spain U19 international to Turin.
17.34 BST: After selling Kostas Manolas to Napoli earlier this summer, Roma are in the market for defensive reinforcements. After attempts to sign
Toby Alderweireld and Dejan Lovren fell through. the Giallorossi have turned their attentions to Manchester United sixth-choice centre-back Marcos Rojo, according to Calciomercato. Juventus' Daniele Rugani and Real Madrid's Nacho are also said to be options, but Rojo apparently is the primary target.
16.17 BST: Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane has no intention of joining Paris Saint-Germain as part of any deal which would see Neymar going the other way, sources have confirmed to ESPN FC.
France international Varane was mentioned in reports as a player who PSG had enquired about in talks with Madrid about bringing Neymar to the Bernabeu.
However, sources have told ESPN FC that the 26-year-old is happy at Madrid and concentrating on building on last weekend's La Liga opening 3-1 victory at Celta Vigo.
ESPN has been told by separate sources that Madrid believe they are well placed to eventually get Neymar, as they believe that lingering issues between PSG and Barca will make it impossible for them to do any deal.
Having already spent €300m on new players this summer, Madrid would have to sell before being able to buy coach Zinedine Zidane said on Saturday that both Gareth Bale and James Rodriguez were now going to stay at the club.
Sources said last week that the idea that PSG could get Vinicius Jr. in part-exchange for Neymar was also not going to happen.
15.32 BST: The son of Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke has said that the club's heavy spending at the end of the transfer window was not due to pressure from supporter's groups earlier this summer.
"I would say that if you're reacting and doing club record signings based on public opinion, you're not going to go very far as a club," Josh Kroenke told the BBC. "We weren't reactive this summer, we were actually proactive...
"We identified key targets, worked on those deals and over time we were able to execute them. That's hopefully a sign of encouragement for Arsenal fans that, when we're out in the market place, you might never know what we're thinking and you could be surprised by some of the names that come up."
15.01 BST: Interesting reason...
Claudio Marchisio has turned down a lucrative move to China because the club's owners also run Inter Milan.— ESPN FC (@ESPNFC) August 20, 2019
Juventus in his heart forever 🖤 pic.twitter.com/RJGqz30Gde
14.48 BST: Sky Italia reports that RB Leipzig are in talks with AS Roma over Patrik Schick. The Czech forward has not cemented his place in the first-team and is looking to move on, with a loan including a purchase option for the Bundesliga club next summer.
14.14 BST: Don't forget to make your own transfers as you pick your team for our Premier League fantasy game! Take on your mates in head-to-head leagues, selecting a team each weekend to maximise points. Here's how to play the game, and click through to sign up.
13.31 BST: Tuttosport claims that Barcelona and Juventus had some things to talk about this week: namely the swap of Emre Can and Ivan Rakitic, while also discussing the sale of full-back Miranda in exchange for Daniele Rugani.
Oh, and while they were at it, apparently Barcelona tried to include Luis Suarez in a possible move for PSG forward Neymar during talks in Paris. They have been busy!
12.49 BST: Arsenal refused to sell midfielder Lucas Torreira to AC Milan this summer, according to his agent Pablo Bentancur.
"There was the possibility," Bentancur told Tuttomercatoweb, when asked if Milan were interested in reuniting him with his former boss at Sampdoria: Marco Giampaolo.
"Giampaolo is in the heart of Lucas. But Arsenal said they had no intention of selling the boy. Lucas is fine, the company is happy with him. This will be the year of consecration. With the Arsenal shirt. Milan is Milan, it will always be an important team, even if today it has some economic problems."
12.02 BST: Double Mauro Icardi news from the Italian media: his wife and agent Wanda Nara has said no to any move to Monaco, say Gazzetta.
While, Napoli are set to launch another bid for him, according to Corriere dello Sport. The Inter striker is surely going to leave the club by the Aug. 23 deadline seeing as they've already given his No. 9 shift to Romelu Lukaku.
11.40 BST: Tottenham youngster Jack Roles has a new role: with Cambridge United on loan until January.
11.23 BST: AC Milan have just three days left before the Italian window shuts to add some firepower to their team and are looking at Real Madrid's Mariano Diaz, who is deemed surplus to requirements, while the club are also considering a loan offer for Real's new €60m striker Luka Jovic according to Gazzetta.
10.28 BST: Chelsea are making a bit of a habit of selling players while they have no way to replace them (because they are still under a FIFA transfer ban).
The Standard reports that full-back Davide Zappacosta is on his way to AS Roma on loan. Hopefully for the Blues, Frank Lampard has a young player who can step up if needed.
10.18 BST: PSV and Mexico winger Hirving Lozano is set to arrive in Italy to complete his Napoli move, according to Corriere dello Sport.
09.48 BST: Arsenal flop Shkodran Mustafi is set for a season-long loan move to Roma, with the club hoping to sell him for £23m next summer, says Forza Roma.
Rob Holding and Calum Chambers are now ahead of Mustafi in the pecking order, with David Luiz and Sokratis the first-choice pairing. And Roma need a centre-back after selling Kostas Manolas to Napoli, but were rebuffed in their attempts to land Dejan Lovren from Liverpool.
09.30 BST: Former Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge is close to agreeing a lucrative deal with Trabzonspor after arriving in Turkey to undertake the formalities of a transfer, sources have told ESPN FC.
09.05 BST: FC Augsburg have made a couple of impressive moves recently, landing veteran right-back Stephan Lichtsteiner on a free transfer yesterday and now swooping for Bayer Leverkusen defender Tin Jedvaj.
The 23-year-old has signed a one-year loan deal.
08.30 BST: ICYMI - Barcelona are set to make an offer to sign Neymar on loan from Paris Saint-Germain this week with an option to make the deal permanent next summer, sources have told ESPN FC.
But, while PSG expect the loan offer to land on Tuesday or Wednesday, that option does not suit the Ligue 1 holders, according to sources.
The club's Qatari owners have been disappointed by the attitude of Neymar this summer and are ready to let him leave, but only if they can recoup the majority of the €222m they spent to bring him to Paris in the summer of 2017.
PAPER TALK (by Richard Edwards)
Juventus enter Neymar deal
Globo Esporte reports that Juventus have entered the race to sign Neymar. According to the Brazilian outlet, the Italian champions have spoken to PSG to find out Neymar's situation and are considering the possibility of including Argentinian forward Paulo Dybala on top of a £95m cash deal.
Neymar wants to leave PSG this summer and has been linked with his former club, Barcelona, and Real Madrid. However, Barca aren't having much luck when it comes to persuading players to form part of their deal to lure him back to Spain.
The latest to turn down a potential one-way ticket to Paris is Nelson Semedo, with the full-back ending a summer of uncertainty exactly where he started it -- at the centre of one of the biggest moves of the transfer window. Though, according to Marca, he doesn't want anything to do with a move.
You could hardly blame Semedo for feeling a bit like a spare part at Barca. After all, the list of Barca players who could potentially head to Paris in Neymar's place is a lengthy one. First Ivan Rakitic and Samuel Umtiti were lined up, then Philippe Coutinho looked a likely candidate before he decided to head on loan to Bayern Munich. Throw in Arturo Vidal and Ousmane Dembele and there are precious few players left for Barca to tempt PSG with.
That means the door is open for others, with Real Madrid having plenty of bargaining power, and Juve holding the Dybala card.
Ribery off to Fiorentina?
Franck Ribery is off to Serie A. At least that's what Das Bild (courtesy of Football Italia) is reporting, despite the French star receiving heftier offers from clubs in the UAE and Russia. Earlier reports had suggested that both Dynamo Moscow and Spartak Moscow were interested in snapping up the 36-year-old. Al Nasr, meanwhile, were lining up a two-year contract for the player, worth a reported €5 million a season. Good work if you can get it.
Now Fiorentina have pounced with less than two weeks remaining in the European transfer window, with a team spokesman saying "if he wants to continue being a player at a high level, then we are waiting."
Ribery had been with Bayern Munich for the past 12 years, winning both the Champions League and countless Bundesliga titles with the Bavarian giants.
- Valencia are increasingly concerned that Rodrigo Moreno will be off to Atletico Madrid before the end of the European transfer window -- but that he won't leave them enough time to find a replacement. Marca report that Rodrigo's move will depend almost entirely on whether Angel Correa heads to AC Milan from Atletico.
- Sky Italy, via Calciomercato, are reporting that Milan are working on four sales before the end of the window to help offset the aforementioned Correa move -- but that patience is the watchword. Among those who may be exiting the San Siro? Andre Silva, Ivan Strinic, Diego Laxalt, and Samu Castillejo (who reportedly has interest from Celtic).