The European transfer window is open. Click here to review all the latest transfers, and keep up to date with the latest gossip below.
TOP STORY: Arsenal gunning for Everton
Brazil international Everton has revealed he has an offer on the table, but the tease hasn't disclosed which club it is that's keen on signing him.
Everton was one of the stars of Brazil's successful Copa America campaign and scored in the final in a 3-1 win against Peru. His performances have brought him to the attention of some of Europe's top clubs, and the Mirror is suggesting Arsenal could be the club leading the race for his signature.
It says that AC Milan and Atletico Madrid are also keen to sign the 23-year-old, though Everton himself has said recently that he expects to be playing for Gremio when they play Bahia in the Copa Do Brazil on Wednesday.
Arsenal have made only one signing this summer so far, recruiting 18-year-old forward Gabriel Martinelli from Ituano, with transfer fees appearing to be the Gunners' biggest hindrance.
However, Everton is unlikely to command a huge fee at this stage of his career, and so he could fit into the Gunners' pay structure, though it depends on whether they can complete the signing of Kieran Tierney from Celtic on their budget.
22.31 BST: We're going to bring Monday's live edition of Transfer Talk to a close with a done deal. Everton have confirmed the signing of England midfielder Fabian Delph for an undisclosed fee from Manchester City -- widely reported to be up to £10m including add-ons -- and have signed the 29-year-old to a three-year contract.
✅ High Quality— Everton (@Everton) July 15, 2019
Welcome, Fabian Delph! pic.twitter.com/qFHSccvUpF
21.44 BST: Calciomercato cites Corriere dello Sport as reporting that Roma have offered Gonzalo Higuain the captaincy in an effort to convince the striker to leave Juventus for the Giallorossi, but adds that the 31-year-old would prefer to remain in Turin with a restructured contract with terms comparable to what would be on offer in the Italian capital.
20.57 BST: While it was reported earlier in the day that Celtic have rejected Arsenal's £25m offer for left-back Kieran Tierney, the Scottish Star reports that a deal is "inching towards completion" after Unai Emery demanded the Gunners do more to land the 22-year-old Scotland international.
20.10 BST: United States men's national team midfielder Tyler Boyd has signed a four-year deal with Turkish giants Besiktas, the club announced on Monday. Read the full story.
19.23 BST: Manchester United are "miles away" from meeting Leicester City's £80m valuation for England defender Harry Maguire, sources have told ESPN FC.
18.36 BST: Continuing from our last update, if Paul Pogba does manage to force his way out of Manchester United, the Independent reports that the club will resurrect their interest in Tottenham midfielder Christian Eriksen, who has just a year remaining on his contract and has stalled over signing a new deal.
17.49 BST: The chances of Paul Pogba leaving Manchester United this summer "are becoming remote," according to the Guardian. With suitors Real Madrid valuing the France World Cup winner at £120m and United unwilling to sell for less than £170, little more than three weeks before the close of the transfer window in England, and the Red Devils having already lost midfielder Ander Herrera to Paris Saint-Germain, there are several factors working against Pogba's desire to leave Old Trafford.
17.02 BST: Marca reports that Real Madrid president Florentino Perez wants to trim the squad to 25. Zinedine Zidane currently has a 30-man squad for preseason, not counting Casemiro, Fede Valverde and Eder Militao, who are yet to join up with their teammates.
So that means this lot will be departing either permanently or on loan: Andriy Lunin, Dani Ceballos, James Rodriguez, Nacho, Lucas Vazquez, Borja Mayoral, Mariano Diaz and Brahim Diaz.
16.26 BST: We all know Matthijs de Ligt is leaving Ajax, but the Dutch champions have moved to get a replacement and have agreed a €15m deal with America to sign Mexico international Edson Alvarez, according to Telegraaf, which our colleagues at ESPN Mexico have since corroborated.
The report states that AS Roma, Wolves, Crystal Palace, West Ham and Zenit Saint Petersburg were all interested in Alvarez but the 21-year-old has chosen Ajax.
16.15 BST: Some news coming out from Leicester about Harry Maguire. Over to you City and United.
Can confirm Harry Maguire has told #lcfc management and players he wants to pursue a move to #mufc or #mcfc if the valuation (£80m-£90m) is met. Leicester expect him to be professional if a move doesn't materialise before the transfer deadline— John Percy (@JPercyTelegraph) July 15, 2019
16.08 BST: The 2019-20 season is just a month away and some of the biggest names in football go into the campaign with question marks over their future, both on and off the pitch. Mark Ogden runs through who is facing a make-or-break year.
15.41 BST: Chinese clubs seem to be back in business again this summer and Sky Sports report that Dalian Yifang are close to a move for West Brom striker Salomon Rondon.
Rondon worked with new Dalian manager Rafa Benitez at Newcastle and his contract has a release clause of £16.5m.
15.08 BST: Hiroki Abe is now a Barcelona player.
Barça finally confirm signing of Japanese international Hiroki Abe for their B team. Marketing suggests he could be part of first team trip to Japan next week for games vs. Chelsea & Vissel Kobe.— Samuel Marsden (@samuelmarsden) July 15, 2019
15.05 BST: Newcastle striker Joselu has completed a permanent move to La Liga side Deportivo Alaves.
14.51 BST: Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has said he needs a player like Bryan Robson in his team as he looks to strengthen his midfield ahead of next season.
Solskjaer is looking for at least one new midfielder this summer after Marouane Fellaini's January move to Shandong Luneng and Ander Herrera's departure on a free to Paris Saint-Germain.
14.31 BST: FC Porto announced on Monday that veteran goalkeeper Iker Casillas will join the team's staff as he continues his recovery from a heart attack suffered two-and-a-half months ago.
Spain's 2010 World Cup-winning captain has not been given medical clearance yet to resume his playing career and he has not announced his retirement.
14.16 BST: Mason Mount has signed a new five-year contract with Chelsea, so Frank Lampard is clearly a fan of a player he managed on loan at Derby last season.
Mason Mount. 2024. 💙 pic.twitter.com/VIoQChVDJA— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) July 15, 2019
14.15 BST: Which free-agent former Preston, Leeds and Bolton goalkeeper is currently on tour with Liverpool?
Surely that will be a pub quiz question this summer... the answer being Andy Lonergan.
The 35-year-old left Middlesbrough and has been snapped up by Jurgen Klopp for the U.S. tour as academy prospects Viteslav Jaros and Caoimhin Kelleher are injured and Alisson Becker is on holiday after the Copa America.
13.50 BST: Swansea striker Oli McBurnie has been the subject of a £15m bid from Sheffield United, say Sky Sports.
McBurnie, 23, scored 22 goals last season but the bid has been rejected. The Blades have already broken their club record to sign Callum Robinson from Preston, while they have also landed Luke Freeman and Phil Jagielka.
13.43 BST: Flamengo are ready to make an approach for Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa, sources have told ESPN Brasil's Jorge Nicola.
Costa's future at Atletico seems uncertain, with Alvaro Morata seemingly first-choice and new €126m signing Joao Felix arriving. But will the Brazil-born Spain international be keen to return to his homeland?
13.03 BST: Corriere dello Sport claim that PSG are in for Brescia's Sandro Tonali, who want more than €25m for him.
According to the Spanish outlet, the Costa Rica goalkeeper has notified Real Madrid he intends to continue at the club. Hence, Real Madrid, who loaned goalkeeper Luca Zidane to Segunda Division side Racing Santander last week, are looking to offload Ukrainian goalkeeper Andriy Lunin for the 2019-20 campaign.
According to Cadena Ser, Navas, who was told by coach Zinedine Zidane he will not be a starter next season with Thibaut Courtois as Madrid's No. 1, has been looking for a team for the past year. However, he has decided to continue another season with Los Blancos because there are no top European teams that have a starting goalkeeper position open for him. Moreover, the goalkeeper would have had to lower his wages in order to sign for another team.
12.10 BST: Former Tottenham striker Roberto Soldado is back in the big time with Granada.
11.48 BST: Nicolas Pepe's agent said the Lille forward is wanted by a few clubs, and should leave this summer, but would not confirm PSG as the destination.
"Nicolas is open to everything. It is early July and he has just finished with the Africa Cup of Nations," Samir Khiat told L'Equipe. "The aim is not to make Nicolas sign somewhere, but to make the right move. We want to wait and patience brings you to the right decisions. With my team, we have always made the sporting and non-financial decisions that build careers.
"PSG is a possibility. I cannot say that Nicolas will sign for PSG, though, that would be me lying to you."
"Crucially, all parties, so Lille, the buying club, and Nicolas, must agree on the sporting and financial idea of the move. There are exchanges and discussions -- he is wanted by several clubs. There is a difference between being checked upon and desired, though. It is important that Nicolas goes to a club where he will play and keep progressing. It is very likely that Nicolas will not be a Lille player this coming season. Under normal circumstances, he will be leaving."
11.34 BST: Eintracht Frankfurt attacker Sebastian Haller could be set for a move to London where West Ham have reportedly made a second bid in the region of €45m, say kicker.
Alongside new Real Madrid attacker Luka Jovic and Croatia international Ante Rebic, the 25-year-old was part of one Germany's most exciting forward lines in recent years. However, Haller could now be tempted to cash in on his good form and join the Hammers on a five-year-deal which could include a release clause if a Champions League club comes calling.
11.15 BST: Arsenal captain Laurent Koscielny will meet club officials this week in London to learn the sanctions he faces after refusing to go on the preseason tour to the U.S. on Thursday with the rest of the first-team squad, sources told ESPN FC.
The French defender feels the club has disrespected him because of a dispute over his contract. Koscielny, 33, has one year left on his current deal and wanted to commit to two more seasons but received no offer from the Gunners despite being open to an option based on appearances and bonuses.
10.57 BST: Sevilla are on the verge of signing FC Porto's creative midfielder Oliver Torres in a €12m transfer, according to Estadio Deportivo.
Torres reportedly arrived in Seville on Sunday evening and will undergo a medical on Monday before becoming the club's ninth summer signing. Sevilla coach Julen Lopetegui knows Torres well, having coached him in Spain's Under-20 and Under-21 squads, as well as at FC Porto.
The 24-year-old spent two seasons on loan at Porto from Atletico Madrid before joining the Portuguese giants on a permanent transfer in February 2017.
James, 28, is returning to Madrid this summer after Bayern Munich declined to take up their €42m option to sign him permanently following two years on loan in Germany.
Napoli, and a reunion with the Serie A side's manager Carlo Ancelotti who worked with James at both Madrid and Bayern, had looked a likely destination. But ESPN FC has been told that Atletico have made contact over bringing James to the Wanda Metropolitano and that nothing has yet been decided over the player's next club.
The Ajax defender, 19, seems set to join Juventus for around €75m, but could yet be ready to move to Camp Nou.
09.55 BST: ICYMI: Paris Saint-Germain are set to sign Borussia Dortmund and France Under-21 defender Abdou Diallo, sources have told ESPN FC. Reports of the deal were first published in French media on Sunday afternoon.
After dropping behind in the race for Ajax's Matthijs de Ligt and making contact with Napoli for Kalidou Koulibaly, the French champions turned their attention to Diallo, who will sign a five-year deal on Monday. PSG will pay Dortmund €32m, including bonuses.
Valencia are looking to strengthen their defensive line and believe their former player to be an ideal reinforcement. The Argentina international joined City from Valencia in the summer of 2015 but the 31-year-old centre-back is now keen to return to the Mestalla stadium.
However, according to Superdeporte, Valencia's chances of getting Otamendi are limited as the player is also a target of Arsenal, Atletico Madrid and PSG. Valencia need to sign a central defender before the end of the transfer window and are hoping Otamendi's desire to return will open the door to negotiate a potential move.
Coutinho has been linked with swap deal plus cash for PSG's Neymar, but Joorabchian insists he was told the Brazilian is going nowhere before finding out the club are actually looking to move him on.
"As I have said before, Pep Segura (Barcelona's director of football) has told me that Philippe is not available a move away from Barca," he said. "The president was clear -- there was no intention of selling the player to any club. After this, we chose to not look at the market for our player out of respect for Barca's desire to keep him.
"However, I have learned that it is fact that Andre Cury's (Barca's South American recruiter) discourse is totally different. Cury is pushing for Coutinho to be included in a potential move to bring Neymar back. Like I said, Philippe has no offers from other clubs as we respected Barca's stance. However, they have not respected their word to us. I kept silent during this period, but I will not allow Barca to lie about Philippe -- they must tell the truth! If they want him to go, they have to say that. With the player, we will decide what is best for his future."
Of a possible destination back in the Premier League, Joorabchian added on Sky Sports: "I think Liverpool lies very, very deeply in his heart. He was a big fan of them throughout the campaign [last season]. He was wishing for them to win the title and he has a very strong affinity there so I think it will be very difficult for him to go to a direct competitor of Liverpool from a personal standpoint."
09.06 BST: Marca report that Spanish midfielder Dani Ceballos may continue at Real Madrid next season.
Ceballos is a reported target of Tottenham and AC Milan and is weighing up his options as he wants more playing time, although he said last week he would only leave Madrid on loan. A decision regarding Ceballos' future will reportedly be taken before July 22, the day Ceballos is due to report back to Madrid for pre-season.
The 22-year-old made 23 league appearances for Madrid, 13 as a starter, in the 2018-19 campaign and recently helped Spain win the European Under-21 Championship.
08.51 BST: Jose Mourinho says he is learning German and admits he could coach in the Bundesliga one day.
The Portuguese coach has been out of a job since being sacked by Manchester United in December but told Gazzetta dello Sport: "Right now I'm learning German."
Asked if he is learning the language because his next destination will be the Bundesliga, a league he has yet to coach in, he said: "No. I'm learning German because it is the only language that I don't have. I speak English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian. Of course, I don't exclude anything, not even Germany.
"I miss football, the adrenaline, the pitch, my work. Football is football."
08.20 BST: There's just 17 days left for Premier League clubs to strengthen before the transfer deadline. Will we see any movement today?
PAPER ROUND (By Nick Judd)
Three-way battle for Alves?
Dani Alves is also a man in demand, if you believe Mundo Deportivo. It's suggesting that Tottenham, Arsenal and Manchester City are all battling it out for the full-back following his departure from Paris Saint-Germain. Alves is a free agent, and it appears as though a whole host of clubs are falling over themselves to secure his marauding talents to their right flanks.
The 36-year-old was in vintage form for Brazil in the Copa America, adding a remarkable 40th career trophy to his cabinet. Alves has been reported as saying he's interested in reuniting with Pep Guardiola at Man City, but Spurs and Arsenal are also monitoring the situation.
Alves isn't getting any younger, but his experience -- coupled with his performances for his country this summer -- could make him a steal for the right club.
Sane staying put
Leroy Sane has been linked with a move to Bayern Munich this summer, with Guardiola apparently not standing in the winger's way if he wants to leave.
However, the Mirror believes the left winger will be staying put in Manchester. It's suggesting that City want £100 million for the 23-year-old, which is £30 million more than the German champions want to pay. Sane indicated recently he has no desire to move back to Germany. He still has two years left to run on his contract.
No Bruno for Man United
Portuguese outlet Correio da Manha is reporting that Manchester United could miss out on the signing of midfielder Bruno Fernandes because the board and manager can't agree on the fee. They suggest United's board are unwilling to pay more than £50 million for the player, while, in contrast, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is urging his bosses to spend what it takes to land the Sporting Lisbon midfielder. That could be because Fernandes contributed to 50 goals in all competitions last season.
- Philippe Coutinho has been linked with a move away from Barcelona all summer, but the Express is putting two and two together and suggesting that Antoine Griezmann's shirt number means the Brazilian isn't going anywhere. New-signing Griezmann wanted the Brazilian's No. 7 shirt but has been forced to take the No. 17 jersey instead, which could mean Coutinho might have another season to try to reach the kind of form that got him to the Camp Nou in the first place.
- Napoli are running out of time to land James Rodriguez, according to AS. The Spanish title is suggesting that Real Madrid are growing impatient with the Italians' desire to sign the Colombian on loan. Madrid are keen to offload Rodriguez in a permanent deal instead and may shut the door on Napoli if they can't amend their terms.