Players from around the world are expressing their shock and sadness after a plane transporting Brazilian football team Chapecoense crashed.
- Neymar Jr (@neymarjr) November 29, 2016
- FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) November 29, 2016
- Real Madrid C.F. (@realmadriden) November 29, 2016
A photo posted by Willian Borges Da Silva (@willianborges88) on
A photo posted by Lucas Leiva (@leivalucas) on
A photo posted by David Luiz (@davidluiz_4) on
Deus ajude por favor essas pessoas que estavam nesse voo!!! Muita força! pic.twitter.com/y1z4307BMi
- PATO (@AlexandrePato) November 29, 2016
- Xabi Alonso (@XabiAlonso) November 29, 2016
- Marco Reus (@woodyinho) November 29, 2016
Horrified by this tragedy... all my thoughts go to the family of the victims ����#forçachapecoense
- Morgan Schneiderlin (@SchneiderlinMo4) November 29, 2016
- Paul Pogba (@paulpogba) November 29, 2016
- Kasper Schmeichel (@kschmeichel1) November 29, 2016
- Victor Wanyama (@VictorWanyama) November 29, 2016
Sad news to wake up to today. Thoughts are with @ChapecoenseReal and their family and friends.
- Wayne Rooney (@WayneRooney) November 29, 2016
Deeply affected by Medellin's plane crash. I shared locker with Cleber Santana and it's difficult to reveal how I feel. A huge hug. pic.twitter.com/TdeNzssZFN
- David De Gea (@D_DeGea) November 29, 2016
The plane was carrying 72 passengers and nine crew members, including Chapecoense, which was expected to play in the first leg of the Copa Sudamericana final against Atletico Nacional on Wednesday in Medellin.