2015/16 Scottish League Challenge Cup, Round 3

Rangers 1-0 Livingston

Nicky Clark came off the bench to fire Rangers past a resolute Livingston side and into the Petrofac Training Cup semi-finals.
The holders frustrated Rangers for much of the Ibrox encounter and limited their hosts' clear-cut chances.
But Clark dropped off to great effect in the 75th minute, controlling Lee Wallace's inside pass before unleashing a powerful drive from 25 yards that fizzed along the wet surface into the bottom corner.
The 1-0 victory, in front of 17,386 fans, set up an Ibrox semi-final between Rangers and St Mirren, although the game could be rescheduled from its November 14-15 because of international commitments.
Rangers are looking to win the trophy for the first time in four attempts and they were made to fight all the way by their Ladbrokes Championship rivals, who accounted for five of the eight yellow cards dished out by Andrew Dallas.
Rangers named a strong team with Nicky Law and Nathan Oduwa replacing Dean Shiels and Kenny Miller.
Oduwa was hacked to the ground by Kieran Gibbons inside 10 seconds but he recovered to create the first chance when James Tavernier met his cross. However, Ben Gordon ran back to hook the header off the line.
Livingston were frustrating Rangers with two banks of four and Jordan White was well wide with the visitors' first effort following a decent break down the left.
Rangers kept probing for openings and both Barrie McKay and Jason Holt got in behind but Andy Halliday scuffed a volley into Marc McCallum's hands and Martyn Waghorn could not control a cutback.
Law hit Oduwa's cross wide on the half volley but Rangers were struggling to create clear chances and Liam Buchanan made Wes Foderingham work with a 30-yard strike as Livi broke.
Rangers brought on Clark for Oduwa and started the second half strongly. McCallum blocked Waghorn's shot from a tight angle before Halliday had a 20-yard strike deflected over. Rob Kiernan could not turn McKay's dangerous cross on target but Livingston then had a decent attacking spell.
McCallum made his best save yet in the 65th minute when he parried Law's shot following a one-two with Clark, who hooked the rebound over.
The former Motherwell midfielder then curled just wide from 22 yards but Clark went one better 60 seconds later.
The forward headed wide from a good chance to net his second but Rangers comfortably saw out the tie.