2015/16 Scottish League Challenge Cup, Semi-finals

Rangers and Mark Warburton on course for a trophy after St Mirren win

Mark Warburton remains on course for his first piece of silverware as Rangers boss after his side booked their place in the Petrofac Training Cup final with a 4-0 win over St Mirren at Ibrox.
Midfielder Jason Holt fired his side ahead nine minutes before the break with his fourth goal in seven games before veteran frontman Kenny Miller added a second on 77 minutes.
Martyn Waghorn's 18th of the season and a late Sean Kelly own goal rubbed salt into Saints wounds but it was far from a vintage display from the Glasgow giants.
Apart from a Stuart Carswell effort which hit the bar, Ian Murray's team were never a threat to Warburton's men, who will now face Ladbrokes League One outfit Peterhead in the April 10 final.
The Englishman responded to last week's drab draw at Livingston by handing Miller and Danny Wilson recalls. Murray, meanwhile, brought on-loan Celtic midfielder Paul McMullan back in to start
The Saints boss - already under pressure following the Buddies' miserable start to the campaign - was forced to apologise this week after insisting he knew more about the game than his side's grumbling fans.
But it was clear to everyone at Ibrox from the start that the Paisley men were never a match for Rangers, even if the Ibrox men failed to get out of first gear
The only surprise was the fact it took the hosts 34 minutes to open the scoring.
St Mirren had Jamie Langfield to thank for that fact. The keeper denied Gedion Zelalem inside the opening three minutes with an impressive finger-tip save before pushing away a deflected Lee Wallace effort
The former Aberdeen man also kept out Waghorn and Barry McKay as Rangers continued to tease their opponents, while Waghorn was denied the opener when Kelly got back to block on the line after the striker rounded Langfield.
Rangers kept plugging away, encouraged by Saints' inability to get out of their own half. Their reward came after McKay's short corner made its way to Halliday, who clipped the ball over top for Holt. The former Hearts man had timed his run in behind the visitor's defence to perfection after Scott Agnew wandered away and rammed the ball past the exposed Langfield.
Saints' lone sight of goal in the first half came after 14 minutes but Wes Foderingham was untroubled by Stevie Mallan's limp free-kick.
Warburton was irked by criticism of his side following last week's dropped points at Livi but they failed to sparkle again after the break.
The boss was left in no doubt about what the Gers followers thought as they responded angrily after 68 minutes when their lacklustre troops allowed Carswell to rattle the bar from the edge of the box.
Miller, though, eased their fears when he tapped home the second after Waghorn collected substitute Dean Shiels' clever reverse pass before squaring for his strike partner.
Waghorn got on the scoresheet himself as he drove through the middle before rifling a shot into the bottom corner, while Kelly then turned Shiels' cross into his own net.