The winter transfer window is closed, but now it's time to look ahead to the summer! Here are the new rumours floating around following the Jan. 31 deadline day.
TOP STORY: Chelsea eye move for Icardi
Icardi, 27, has impressed in Paris with 11 goals in 14 starts, and reportedly has a clause in his loan contract which allows the French club to buy him for €65m this summer.
However, his future at PSG was called into question as he was left out of the Champions League game against Borussia Dortmund on Tuesday. PSG will be looking to replace Edinson Cavani in a few months, but they will have some competition for Icardi as the report states Chelsea are keen, along with Real Madrid and Juventus.
22.28 GMT: Tigres president Miguel Angel Garza denied rumors that Jurgen Damm is headed to MLS, although he admitted that the door is open for the player if he wants to go, according to ESPN Mexico. Garza said no club has been in touch with him about Damm, whose contract is up in June, but Garza confirmed that Damm has an option to renew for one more year.
21.01 GMT: The Chicago Fire have announced the signing of 28-year-old midfielder Gaston Gimenez to a Designated Player contract that would keep him in the Windy City through the 2021 season with an option to return in 2022. Read the full story.
19.34 GMT: With the emergence of Mason Greenwood during Marcus Rashford's injury spell, Manchester United have adjusted their summer recruitment plan, according to the Manchester Evening News, which reports that the Red Devils may now just seek to sign one attacker rather than two.
18.07 GMT: With Nemanja Matic's Manchester United contract expiring this summer, his agents have begun offering their client to clubs, according to Calciomercato. AC Milan reportedly declined the opportunity because of the 31-year-old's €10m-a-year wage demands, while Juventus and Inter are both weighing up a free transfer for the Serbia international.
16.40 GMT: Bayern Munich legend Thomas Muller has revealed that he almost joined Manchester United in 2015.
"Things were serious when Louis van Gaal came in [as manager in 2015], for all sides involved," Muller told The Athletic. "I could imagine going to Manchester United then. But the club [Bayern] said: 'We want you to stay.' I wasn't out of contract, that's why I it was pretty clear-cut in the end. But it wasn't just a poker game."
16.05 GMT: Napoli forward Hirving Lozano has struggled in Serie A since his €40m move from PSV in August, but Everton are ready to offer him a lifeline, says Tuttomercatoweb.
Lozano, 24, has three goals in 28 appearances for Napoli and the Mexican is being eyed by his former manager, Carlo Ancelotti, who is now in charge at Goodison Park.
15.15 GMT: Manchester United are on the lookout for the new Marcus Rashford, so they've started a new initiative called the 'Emerging Talent Programme' to find more talented young footballers in the area.
United are aiming to reach 20,000 children and young people in local schools and grassroots clubs "through a range of positive activities that will aim to increase their enjoyment of football and assist them with further opportunities to continue playing the game."
And they just hope one or two are as good as young Marcus.
14.50 GMT: Eden Hazard got his 'dream' move to Real Madrid in the summer from Chelsea for €100m, but it hasn't exactly been going to plan.
13.59 GMT: Arsenal are interested in signing Jonathan David from Gent, reports HLN.
David, 20, has scored 22 goals in 32 games this season and bagged a hat trick against STVV on Sunday.
The Canada international has been on the radar of a number of clubs, including Lyon, Ajax and Porto, and there should be an interesting fight for his signature in the summer if someone is willing to pay €20m.
13.15 GMT: Lille defender Gabriel has been linked with Arsenal and Leicester of late, but Everton are also keen says the Daily Mail.
Gabriel, 22, is worth around €30m and has impressed in Ligue 1 so far this season. The Brazilian only signed a new contract with Lille last month but is expected to leave the club in the summer.
12.22 GMT: Leeds midfielder Kalvin Phillips is quickly becoming the new Jude Bellingham when it comes to clubs showing an interest in him.
Phillips, 24, had been linked with Man United, Liverpool and Aston Villa, but now Wolves, Burnley and Sheffield United have joined the hunt according to The Sun. He will cost at least £20m.
Manchester United and Chelsea have been linked with the Frenchman and Dembele is reported to be keen to move on. Tottenham are also looking for a striker, so the 23-year-old will be in high demand.
10.54 GMT: Manchester United newboy Bruno Fernandes has settled in well.
10.04 GMT: Two Polish youngsters are being given a chance to land a contract with Manchester United, reports the MEN.
Defender Radoslaw Sewerys, 16, plays for Korona Kielce in the Ekstraklasa but has yet to make his first-team debut. He is a Poland U16 international though.
Mateusz Lipp, also 16 and also a Poland U16 international, has previously been on trial with Arsenal and Sampdoria. The defender comes from the Akademia "Ruch" Chorzow academy.
09.40 GMT: Lille's Renato Sanches seems a bit bitter about his failed move to PSG from Bayern Munich in the summer.
The Portugal international told L'Equipe: "I spoke with [then PSG sporting director] Antero [Henrique]. He spoke with my agent, Jorge [Mendes]. We had a good exchange. Everything was ready. I remember being at the restaurant when my agent called me. He told me: 'Tomorrow, you will fly to Paris.' I said OK, went home and packed my bags. The next day, at training, my coach [Niko Kovac] said to me: 'You are not leaving!' I stayed and I did not play."
Garay suffered a ruptured ACL earlier this month and has been ruled out for the remainder of the season. Valencia can make an emergency signing (as Barcelona did for Martin Braithwaite) but have yet to do so.
Speaking after Valencia's 3-0 loss at Real Sociedad on Saturday, which extended Valencia's winless spell to five games, Parejo said: "We're having many injuries, especially a very serious one as that of Garay. We have the possibility of signing a defender because the rules allow us to and unfortunately we suffered another defender getting injured with [Eliaquim] Mangala now out. ..at the level that we are playing now every three days and with the number of injuries we are having, I believe it's necessary to give more importance to this issue."
Sanchez, 22, is on loan at Valladolid from Real Madrid and has made just one appearance this season. According to Superdeporte, Madrid and Valencia are negotiating a deal which would see the Spaniard join Los Che on loan for the remainder of the campaign, with a purchase option included in the deal.
The 20-year-old defender made his senior debut for the club this past weekend and would make his way to Camp Nou for nothing this summer. Although a long contract could be offered, Guillamon would initially join the B team before transitioning into the senior squad.
PAPER TALK (by Harry Kettle)
Roma aim to keep Smalling, Mkhitaryan
Both men are on loan from English clubs, in the form of Manchester United and Arsenal respectively, and have made strong impressions in Italy so far. The report indicates that Fonseca has informed the club of his desire to keep hold of both players beyond the summer transfer window.
Smalling has been consistent throughout his time in Rome, and though Mkhitaryan has struggled with injuries, his goal and assist in a runaway win over Lecce on Sunday showed his worth.
Arsenal to try to convince Aubameyang to stay
In the wake of their dramatic 3-2 win over Everton on Sunday, in which Aubameyang had a starring role and scored two goals, Arteta admitted that the Gunners will need to prove to the forward why he should stay at the Emirates and sign a new contract.
Aubameyang's deal expires in 2021 and he has been heavily linked with a move away to Barcelona or Inter Milan, with the belief being that Arsenal's hunt for Champions League football could have a huge impact on his eventual decision.
Klopp issues demand to Liverpool targets
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has made his feelings clear to any and all potential transfer targets for the club, the Liverpool Echo reports.
The Reds have been linked with a series of players in the past few weeks, with the latest example being RB Leipzig forward Timo Werner. Alas, while raw talent is obviously an important trait, Klopp has made it clear that he wants players at the club who are willing to fight for their place in the starting lineup.
The German believes that the attitude of the club's targets is just as relevant as their abilities on the pitch as the club's stature within world football continues to rise.
-- Juventus are trying to sign Porto youngster Tomas Esteves, primarily as an act of revenge, Calciomercato reports. There is a release clause within the 17-year-old's contract of around €10m, but the revenge portion of this potential transfer stems from Juve's desire to beat an interested Borussia Dortmund to the signing after the German side pipped the Old Lady to the post by acquiring Erling Haaland.