Emre Can has said he is extremely shocked after Juventus did not include him in their Champions League squad and is planning showdown talks when he returns from international duty with Germany.
Can, who joined on a free transfer from Liverpool in the summer of 2018, said the Serie A champions lied to him when he was considering a transfer to Paris Saint-Germain during the summer.
Can, 25, will not feature for Juventus during the group stages of Champions League this season as he was not named in Maurizio Sarri's 22-man squad, and said he was only informed about the decision on Tuesday.
"It was extremely shocking for me," Can told reporters in Hamburg ahead of Germany's Euro 2020 qualifier against Netherlands. "Our conversation lasted less than a minute.
"I received no explanation. This makes me angry. I am annoyed. I will draw my conclusions and talk to the club once I get back from the national team."
Can's Juventus future had been up in the air during the final days of the transfer window, but he decided to remain in Italy despite other offers.
"I was told and promised different things by the club last week," Can said. "Paris was one option.
Out of respect to Juventus and my team mates, whose success has always been my first priority, I won't say anything more and will continue fighting on the pitch.— Emre Can (@emrecan_) September 4, 2019
"But I opted to remain at Juve under the condition I am part of the Champions League squad."