Christian Eriksen has returned to Italy for the first time since his cardiac arrest during Denmark's Euro 2020 opener with Finland and met with Inter Milan director Beppe Marotta, the club confirmed to ESPN.
Eriksen was taken to a hospital on June 12 after collapsing on the field earlier that day.
- Don't have ESPN? Get instant access
Eriksen, 29, spent a week in the hospital, where he had a type of pacemaker fitted, before going home to Denmark to recover. He has also undergone a raft of medical tests to discover the cause for the cardiac arrest.
Eriksen will undergo further tests in Italy and is not expected to be back on a soccer field for at least six months.
Inter released a statement regarding Eriksen's condition which confirmed the midfielder visited the club's training centre on Wednesday.
"The Danish midfielder met the club directors, the coach, teammates and all of the staff present," the statement said. "Eriksen is doing well and is in excellent physical and mental shape.
"He will now follow the recovery programme put forward by Danish doctors in Copenhagen, who will also co-ordinate the clinical follow-up. The Inter medical staff will naturally be kept informed and up to date throughout the process."
Depending on the cause of the cardiac arrest and the nature of his treatment, he could be prohibited from playing in Italy but could continue his career in England or the Netherlands, where the rules are different.
The day after the incident, Denmark team doctor Morten Boesen told reporters Eriksen suffered a cardiac arrest on the pitch and was "gone" before being resuscitated.
Denmark's match with Finland was stopped for more than 90 minutes, during which time supporters from both countries joined in with chants of "Christian Eriksen."
Information from the Associated Press was used in this report