2017-18 English League Two, Semifinals
  • Jayden Stockley (27')
  • Hiram Boateng (47')
  • Ryan Harley (69')
  • Matt Green (78')
2nd Leg - Exeter City advance 3-1 on aggregate
2nd Leg - Exeter City advance 3-1 on aggregate

Exeter City 3-1 Lincoln City

Exeter booked their place in the League Two play-off final with a 3-1 victory over Lincoln at St James Park.
Goals from Jayden Stockley, Hiram Boateng and Ryan Harley ensured the Grecians will play either Notts County or Coventry at Wembley on May 28.
Exeter had the first effort at goal after a tense start when a long ball forward was knocked down by Stockley, only for Harley to get his volley all wrong and the ball drift harmlessly wide of goal.
The midfielder tried his luck again moments later, but drilled a shot wide of goal from distance, while Robbie Simpson missed a great chance from close range after a good build-up involving the outstanding Boateng and Stockley.
Lincoln's first chance came in the 15th minute when a long ball was headed down by Matt Rhead, but Elliott Whitehouse was unable to convert.
Lincoln's Neal Eardley earned the first booking of the game for a late foul on Jake Taylor, while a dangerous ball by Boateng flew dangerously across the face of goal and could not be converted by a number of Exeter players.
Ryan Allsop saved well to keep out a header from Exeter defender Jordan Storey in the 27th minute, but from the resulting corner, the ball found its way to Stockley who volleyed home his 25th goal of the season from an acute angle.
Lincoln thought they had levelled in the 40th minute when Whitehouse lashed the ball in from close range, but the goal was disallowed for an apparent handball by Rhead, much to the anger of the visiting players.
Exeter made it 2-0 just two minutes into the second half when Boateng picked the ball up on halfway and ran at the heart of the Lincoln defence. As the defenders backed off, he unleashed a superb left-footed curler from 25 yards that flew in off the inside of the post.
Taylor fired a shot straight down the throat of Allsop as Exeter began to dominate, although Lincoln did fire a warning shot when Rhead shot goalwards, but his effort was superbly blocked by Storey.
Lincoln were enjoying plenty of possession as Exeter sat back and looked to play on the counter, but the Imps were struggling to create chances.
And then, in the 69th minute and from nothing, Harley let fly from 30 yards with an absolute screamer that flew past Allsop and into the net.
Lincoln pulled a goal back in the 79th minute when Matt Green got in on the right and slipped the ball past Christy Pym from eight yards and they were appealing for a penalty moments later when Rhead went down inside the box, yet nothing was given.
Despite the addition of seven minutes at the end, Exeter were able to see it out and book a second successive place in the Wembley showpiece.